Pass The basic Drone Pilot Exam With Flying Colors
Introducing our Basic Online Bundle:
Enroll today and get everything you need to complete your Basic Pilot Certificate.
Over 10,000 course enrolments from individuals to large organizations
Anyone flying a drone that weighs more than 250 grams is required by Transport Canada to pass a pilot certification exam.
The Coastal Drone Basic Online Bundle prepares you to pass the exam and receive your BASIC Drone Pilot Certificate. It also teaches you what you need to know to be a safe, confident drone pilot anywhere in Canada.
– You plan on flying more than 5 km away from airports
– You will always fly your drone more than 30 meters away from people
– You never fly your drone overhead people
– You want to pass Transport Canada’s RPAS Basic Exam
– You want to feel confident and safe when flying your drone
Note: If you will be flying closer than 5 km to any airports or closer than 30 meters to people, please check out our advanced course here.
Meet Your Instructor
Your instructor, Kate Klassen, is the co-founder of Costal Drone and an aviation instructor and drone pilot certificate instructor.
She loves to fly both airplanes and drones and happens to be one of Canada’s foremost drone regulation experts.
RPAS Ground School | Basic
To simulate an intimate teaching experience, RPAS Ground School | Basic uses high-end video and animations, giving you the benefit of being in a classroom setting without having to leave your home.
As an added bonus, the course is taught by Kate Klassen, one of Canada’s top drone regulation experts and an experienced drone pilot.
Exam Prep | Basic
Passing the drone pilot certificate exam with confidence is what every drone pilot wants to do.
Taking our Exam Prep | Basic course will give you a good idea of the types of questions you can expect, and will give you some additional resources to help you prepare for the exam.
You can simulate the exam as many times as you need to feel comfortable before writing the real Transport Canada exam. Our students find this to be an essential part of their training and we know you will too.
Standard operating procedures guide
To make things easier for you, we’ve created an easy to use SOPs guide so you can learn how to create checklists and procedures specific to your operations with ease!
Basic Drone Pilot Certificate Package
1 – RPAS Ground School | Basic: Everything you need to know to fly safely and confidently.
2 – Exam Prep | Basic: Helps you prepare for the exam ahead of time so you can write and pass the exam with confidence.
3 – Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Guide: Model professional pilots and cut down on mistakes by using our easy to follow SOPs.
Get Certified - Start Flying Safely and Confidently
- Learn From the Best: Your instructor, Kate Klassen, is a world class drone pilot expert and a trusted authority on the Canadian rules and regulations.
- Ace The Exam: The Transport Canada exam is no joke! Our Basic Online Bundle will give you the preparation, practice, and confidence you need to pass the exam with flying colors.
- Take Your Skills to the Next Level: Included in this bundle is RPAS Ground School | Basic which teaches you everything you need to know to fly in a variety of conditions. It also covers the recent law changes and gives you insight into best practices around proper care and maintenance for your drone so you’re always ready to fly.
- Have fun! Getting certified means you can start flying your drone legally, and capturing photos and videos while abiding by the rules set out by Transport Canada.
- You’ll be in Good Company: Over 6000 pilot enrolments into our courses!
Getting certified as a pilot is required by law when flying drones that weigh over 250 grams.
Enroll in our Basic Online Bundle today. Don’t risk failing the test and having to wait to start flying your drone. Enroll now and get started today!
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need certification?
What happens if I fly without certification?
What kind of certification do I need?
1) BASIC is for flying in un-controlled airspace (far away from airports), and further than 30m from bystanders.
2) ADVANCED is for flying in controlled airspace (close to airports, and populous areas), and closer than 30m from bystanders.
If you are going to be flying frequently or for work, we recommend getting an Advanced certification. The Advanced certification gives the pilot the most freedom to operate